Complaints Policy & Procedure
fishtank is committed to providing a high level service to our clients & candidates. If you are not happy with the service you receive from us we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
In the first instance, if you have a complaint please contact Owen O’Neill on 0117 905 5160 and they will discuss your complaint and reason for dissatisfaction with the service you have received, and explain actions to be taken.
However, if you prefer or feel it necessary to register your complaint in writing, you can write to Owen O’Neill at 15 Colston Street, 3rd Floor, Bristol BS1 5AP.
Next steps following a written complaint:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 5 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register within 2 days of having received it.
- We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgment letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to receive our acknowledgement letter within 5 days of your reply.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps;
- We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 5 days of our request;
- We will then examine the member of staff’s reply and the information you have provided for us. If necessary we may ask you to speak to them. This will take up to 4 days from receiving their reply.
- Owen will then invite you to meet one of them to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. They will do this within 5 days of the end of our investigation.
- Within 2 days of the meeting, Owen will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions they have agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Owen will send you a reply to your complaint. This will include their suggestions for resolving the matter. They will do this within 5 days of completing their investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again and your complaint will be referred to another Manager or Director who will review the complaint and actions taken.
- We will let you know of the outcome of the further review within 5 days of the end of the review. We will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by writing to the Professional Standards Manager, REC, 15 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 9XT, or the Employment Agencies Standards Office at the Department of Trade and Industry.
If we have to change any of the time scales above, we will let you know and explain why.